From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Filipe Costa
Sent: Thu 8/30/2007 06:37
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] aspect for Catch Exception

Hi

I'm starting with AspectJ and I have a lot of packages and in which them
java classes. I want to do an aspect that capture every exceptions and do
something like that:

logger.logp(Level.SEVERE, <class name>.class.getName(), "method name",
e.getMessage());

Because every exceptions has a same kind of catch, like that:

(.)
catch(<something>Exception e)
            {
                logger.logp(Level.SEVERE, <class name>, <method name>,
e.getMessage());
            }

I have this aspect:

import java.util.logging.Logger;

public aspect Catch_Exc {

    Logger log = Logger.global;

    public pointcut detect():
        call(public * *.*(..));

    after() throwing (Exception e): detect()
    {

        logger.logp(Level.SEVERE,

thisJoinPoint.getSignature().getDeclaringType().getName(),
//for class name
                        <method name>,  //for method name???
                        e.getMessage());
     }
}

Can I know the method name that throws the exception, someone have an idea?

thank you

--
fg_costa
[Filipe Costa]