From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Eike Stepper
Sent: Fri 10/5/2007 00:54
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] How to advise inherited methods without write access to base class (aka add overrides)?

Hi,

I need to advise all methods of a tree of classes.
All the classes inherit from java.util.AbstractList
which I can't access with the AspectJ compiler.

It seems that a method must be directly declared in
one of the classes that the weaver may change in order
to receive my advice. Is it not possible to inject
override methods into the accessible classes that can
then be advised?

Cheers
/Eike