[aspectj-users] problem with pointcut capturing the second argument of a constructor call

This really has me stumped...according to everything I've read, I think the pointcut below should accomplish what I need, but I cannot get it to compile (I'm getting the following compile error:  "Syntax error on token ";", Type expected after this token").

Here is the pointcut definition:

    pointcut emailConstruction(String[] to) :
        call(public werner.ais.battery.util.Email.new(..))
        && args(*, String[] ,..);

I'm trying to define a pointcut on a constructor call for the Email class, and I want to capture the second argument (which is a String array).  The error message is coming from the last line of the pointcut (the args(*, String[], ..) part).  I'm stumped...Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim

Back to the top