[aspectj-users] getting 'around' constructor execution

the advice -I just want to see if I enter the advice for now- :
A around(A instance, Type arg): constructor(instance, arg) {
  System.out.println("advice A constructor");

  return instance ();
}

I get the following error when weaving :
[WeavingURLClassLoader] error at.......incompatible return type applying to constructor-execution(void A.<init>(Type))

I've tried some other constructs, this is the only one I actually trigger something, all other don't even try to weave :(

What do do ?
All help appreciated

Danny

Back to the top