[aspectj-users] Weird syntax-error

Hello,

my name is Tobias and I'm new to AspectJ and (of course) to this mailing list. I'm trying to get AspectJ to work together with my current project, but I have got an syntax error, which I don't understand and which I cannot reproduce in an easier (aka smaller) project.

Here is my Aspect (the simplest version, that causes the error):

public aspect ScriptingAspect {

   pointcut executeStringSetter() :
      execution(public void Cell.setRow(Row)); // Here comes the error.

   around() : executeStringSetter {
      System.out.println(thisJointPoint.toLongString());
   }

}

The Classes Cell and Row are in the same Package as this Aspect. The error, the compiler shows to me, is:

Syntax error on token ";", Type expected after this token

I don't understand, what the compiler is arguing about. As I already said, I wasn't able to reproduce this error with an less complex project, which I can show to you anyway if requested.

Thanks for any help or suggestions about the error,
kind regards,
Tobias
Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 3 Monate