[aspectj-users] Generic aspect oddity

Hi, aspectj gods, here is what I don't get, for the following code, line A is OK, line B is not. The error is :

Cannot make a static reference to the non-static type T

Code:

class IteratorContainer<T extends Iterator>{

}
public abstract aspect AspectTest<T extends Iterator> {
    //Line A private HashMap<Integer, IteratorContainer<T>> v;
    //Line B private HashMap<Integer, IteratorContainer<T>> Tester.v;
}

I'm trying to ITD to the class type Tester.

Where did I do wrong?

Charles

Yawn !!

Back to the top