Re: [aspectj-users] Help in Eclipse + AspectJ using AJDT

You either need it one way or the other.  If you are weaving the
standard java project with the aspect project (using inpath on the
aspect project) then the standard java project doesnt need to know
anything about the AspectJ project (dont create a dependency).  If you
are doing it the other way (using aspectpath after making the standard
java project an AspectJ one) then add the aspectj project as a
dependency for your standard java project - in this case the aspectj
project does not need a dependency on the converted project.

On 24/07/07, Srinivas Palthepu <spalthepu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   But in the process looks like I have created some circular
dependency between the
>   two projects. Ecplise keeps endlessly rebuilding both these
projects.
>   I have to cleanup the dependencies.

I don't seem to be able to remove circular dependency here.
For the aspect project to see the classes in application project, I have
put the project dependency or add class dir of application project
to the library path to Aspect Project. Then when I add Aspect project
dir to 'aspectpath' Of the application project, it also adds to Java
Build Path.
How do I break this cycle? I am sure there must be someway I can
disable/break this. Eclipse is going in circles building two projecst
endlessly.

Thanks
Srini