Re: [aspectj-users] weave-only w/o aspectj runtime elements

If that's really your problem, you might want to try the AspectBench
Compiler (www.aspectbench.org). It inlines advice in most common
cases.

Eric

On 10/07/07, Andy Clement <andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I presume you mean the forwarding methods ajc$XXX that are invoked
from the woven code and that actually execute your desired behaviour.
No, those can't be removed.  We work hard to optimize what is inserted
but we have that layer of indirection to ease situations like separate
compilation.  Suppose you change the behaviour you want to be woven,
by using the indirection we only have to recompile the aspect - if
everything was inlined directly then we'd have to recompile/reweave
everything.

Andy.