[aspectj-users] weave-only w/o aspectj runtime elements

We're trying to use the AspectJ compiler to do byte code insertion (perhaps that's where we've gone wrong).   We are building a runtime performance monitor and therefore need to avoid any overhead.  As such, we need only our methods to be inserted at the point cuts and not to have the full AspectJ runtime elements loaded at all during runtime.  AspectJ's regular _expression_ pointcut definitions and weaving are what originally attracted us, but we would like to avoid the compiler inserting the aspect classes as wrappers around the code we want inserted,    Anyway to do this?  If not, is there another tool  we should be considering instead?  Thanks.

David Wood,

Back to the top