From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ron Bodkin
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 6:15 AM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [aspectj-users] Challenge

Hi Hermod,

I'd set the attributes to point to state objects that can be updated as
backend status changes. You should have access to an introduced attribute
(even a private one) from the aspect that made the inter-type declaration,
e.g., in its advice.

Glassbox would be great for tracking availability of the systems you are
connecting to, and monitoring performance for when they are accessible. As
Kaare noted, if you want to expose some specific attributes through JMX you
have a number of options. The value of using Glassbox is when you want to
track a service-level against them. Glassbox also does have an aspect to let
you automatically register objects with JMX, which could be of some use to
you.

I'd be interested to hear how your implementation works out. And if you want
advice on how to integrate Glassbox, I'm happy to help :-)

Cheers,
Ron