[aspectj-users] AOP deadlock detection of synchronized blocks

Hello,

I've been thinking, when i'm about to enhance my application with multi-thread processing by dividing one task into many smaller tasks and afterwards creating threads with AOP thread pool to process these tasks, i'm also using synchronised methods and blocks for synchronisation. The problem that comes here is deadlock. I've been wondering, would it be possible to make aspects, which would be capturing the synchronised methods and block, building lock graph and checking for cycles in the graph, which would mean deadlock?

I've been checking and it is possible to capture synchronised method, but is it possible to capture synchronised blocks?

Are there perhaps somewhere already such aspects or maybe i'm thinking the wrong way?

Best regards,
Andrej J.

Back to the top