[aspectj-users] Aspect Oriented Software Architecture Assessment (Identify Approach)

I'd like to obtain some guidance on doing a comprehensive analysis of the software architecture of a disparate collection of "Admin Tools" that have organically evolved over time in an ecommerce setting. The goal of a project underway is to analyze and document the architecture and its underlying assumptions. The project was originally triggered in order to minimize unplanned downtime since the current set of Admin tools can spawn queries that degrade database performance.

Although the software development team may not have a strong background in aspect oriented software development, I feel that there may be valuable insights to be gained by using an aspect-oriented software architecture assessment method.

Thinking questions, documentation approach, design patterns, etc are always welcome.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time