Re: [aspectj-users] Pointcut limitations

I needed to do this to track creation of subclasses of socket in one library: call doesn't match the super call to the constructor so weaving calls to the rt classes didn't work so I had to weave rt.jar. I've also done this to trace classloading problems
Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Webster <matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:47:15
To:aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Pointcut limitations

Antoine,

It might help to know what you are trying to achieve that requires you to weave the JDK.

Matthew Webster
 AOSD Project
 Java Technology Centre, MP146
 IBM United Kingdom Limited
 Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
 Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)

 "Antoine M." <zionmail@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/04/2007 13:05

Please respond to
 aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

To aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject [aspectj-users] Pointcut limitations

 Hello,

 I'm looking for a way to weave code into ANY class (even the standard java
 classes like java.util.Vector for instance). I tried with different aop
 implementations (such as AspectJ, AspectWerkz and JBoss AOP) but none of
 these seems to allow that kind of weaving.

 I guess it has to be a load-time weaving in order to avoid permanent
 changes. Am I misunderstanding ?

 Can someone help me ?

 Thank you,

 Antoine