Re: [aspectj-users] Pointcut limitations

Title: Re: [aspectj-users] Pointcut limitations
There would most certainly be license implications, especially if you plan to redistribute the modified classes.  As I am not a lawyer either (although I try to keep up on that kind of thing), I don’t know what all of the license implications would be but cannot believe the modified classes could be redistributable without written permission.

From: Eric Bodden <eric.bodden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:54:23 -0400
To: <aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Pointcut limitations

In order to weave into the you would have to explicitly put your
rt.jar on the AspectJ "inpath". (Never tried it but I guess it could
work.) I think whether you use load time or ahead of time weaving does
not really matter. Of course, if you do it ahead of time, make sure
you save a copy of the original rt.jar. Also there might be license
implications. But I am not a lawyer, so I don't know anything about
that.

Eric

On 11/04/07, Antoine M. <zionmail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a way to weave code into ANY class (even the standard java
> classes like java.util.Vector for instance). I tried with different aop
> implementations (such as AspectJ, AspectWerkz and JBoss AOP) but none of
> these seems to allow that kind of weaving.
>
> I guess it has to be a load-time weaving in order to avoid permanent
> changes. Am I misunderstanding ?
>
> Can someone help me ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Antoine