[aspectj-users] Help with calls to external packages

I'm trying to define a pointcut that intercepts calls from outside of the current package.  I've managed to get it to work as follows:

    pointcut myTest(int x):
        call(int *.aspectTest(int))
        && args(x);

    before(int x): myTest(x) {
        System.out.println("Some inspiring message");
    }

The problem is when I try to add an annotation to the mix:

    pointcut myTest(int x, myAnnotation a):
        call(int *.aspectTest(int))
        && args(x)
        && @annotation(a);

    before(int x, myAnnotation a): myTest(x, a) {
        System.out.println("this doesn't work");
    }

Can anyone explain either what I'm doing wrong, or why this doesn't work?

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front

Back to the top