RE: [aspectj-users] Scoping or Weaving problem (???) withLTWin anEARon a WAR

Macon,

>I'm guessing it would go something like this:
Correct.

>It's that third step "In aop.xml add a concrete definition that refers to
>the concrete aspect I created in code. " that I'm unsure whether I need to
>do.

http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/devguide/ltw-configuration.html#configuring-load-time-weaving-with-aopxml-files

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM United Kingdom Limited
Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)

"Macon Pegram" <mpdisposal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

27/03/2007 11:55

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
RE: [aspectj-users] Scoping or Weaving problem (???) withLTWin        anEARon a WAR

Ok... I get what you're suggesting (and I have actually run it with -verbose
on, but not -debug in the past).

You are correct... we are using an abstract aspect that is defined as a
concrete through the aop.xml.   I'm not precisely sure I understand how to
do LTW with the concrete aspect. If you'll indulge me for a minute, I'd like
to try to explain how I think it should be done, and get some confirmation
of the approach.

I'm guessing it would go something like this:
- Jump into Eclipse and extend the abstract aspect as a concrete with a well
defined pointcut.
- In aop.xml remove the abstract-concrete definition that it currently has.
- In aop.xml add a concrete definition that refers to the concrete aspect I
created in code.
- While I'm there sprinkle in the -debug/-verbose options
- Fire up the app and see what happens.

It's that third step "In aop.xml add a concrete definition that refers to
the concrete aspect I created in code. " that I'm unsure whether I need to
do.

Thanks for your time and advice on this matter!

Macon