RE: [aspectj-users] Scoping or Weaving problem (???) with LTWin anEARon a WAR

Matthew,

Are you suggesting trying "static" weaving? Ron Difrango recommended a similar approach in some side conversations we've had. I'm working on putting together a test build script right now that explodes our EAR and does the static weaving. I've created code based concrete aspects (extending the abstract Aspect and providing pointcuts).

I've kind of bought in to the need to do static instead of load time weaving for my particular application, but I'd still like to understand the obstacle I've run into. I've done a little classloader research and found the following:

Files in .WAR are loaded by a classloader 1 level deeper than those that are at the EAR level (which I expected).

Here's the dump (Each * represents the number of classloader layers that would need to be traversed to reach it):

EAR Level class
---------------------
* weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader@25b8af2( finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@25b8b65, annotation: simpleportal@, parent: weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader@1b4d2ad( finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@1b4d320, annotation: ApplicationClassLoader@, parent: weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader@17cce51( finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@17cd88e, annotation: null, parent: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1d05a1)))

** weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader@1b4d2ad( finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@1b4d320, annotation: ApplicationClassLoader@, parent: weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader@17cce51( finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@17cd88e, annotation: null, parent: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1d05a1))

*** weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader@17cce51( finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@17cd88e, annotation: null, parent: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1d05a1)

**** sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1d05a1

***** sun.misc.Launcher$ExtClassLoader@1ce2ad

WAR Level class
* weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader@266e282( finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@266e309, annotation: simpleportal@1_0, parent: weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader@25b8af2( finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@25b8b65, annotation: simpleportal@, parent: weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader@1b4d2ad( finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@1b4d320, annotation: ApplicationClassLoader@, parent: weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader@17cce51( finder: weblogic.utils.classloaders.CodeGenClassFinder@17cd88e, annotation: null, parent: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1d05a1))))

[...]

Any thoughts on an explanation?

Macon