RE: AW: AW: [aspectj-users] AspectJ will not run in anEclipseRCPapplication [NVG-MSW51-SPAM-Content]

Sorry for the misdirected email.

From: Ron Bodkin [mailto:rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:35 AM
To: 'aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: AW: AW: [aspectj-users] AspectJ will not run in anEclipseRCPapplication [NVG-MSW51-SPAM-Content]

Thanks: I replied.

From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matthew Webster
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:51 AM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

Uwe,

I don't believe this is a CLASSPATH problem but perhaps a weaving problem. The application would seem to run fine in Eclipse (using something like an Eclipse Application launch configuration I presume) but not when exported. Could you try a single i.e. default rather than pertypewithin aspect to see if your RCP application works. How is your application packaged, is the aspect in the same bundle as the failing class? Could you open an AJDT bug and if possible attach the .class file for LoggingAspect and the failing class?

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM United Kingdom Limited
Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)

<Uwe.Neukam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

14/03/2007 15:18

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

<aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

AW: AW: [aspectj-users] AspectJ will not run in        anEclipseRCP        application [NVG-MSW51-SPAM-Content]

Hi Matthew,

sure, here is the stacktrace of the NoAspectBoundexception

org.aspectj.lang.NoAspectBoundException
                de.nvg.desktop.core.aspect.LoggingAspect.aspectOf(LoggingAspect.aj:1)
                de.nvg.desktop.management.BlueprintManagerImpl.addType(BlueprintManagerImpl.java:96)
                de.nvg.desktop.management.BlueprintManagerImpl.add(BlueprintManagerImpl.java:50)
                de.nvg.desktop.blueprint.BlueprintFactory.loadAllBlueprints(BlueprintFactory.java:95)
                de.nvg.desktop.ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor.initialize(ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor.java:115)
                org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.internalBasicInitialize(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:172)
                org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1069)
                org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1847)
                org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
                org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
                de.nvg.desktop.Application.run(Application.java:40)
                org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
                org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
                org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
                org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
                org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
                sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
                org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
                org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
                org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
                org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

The class BlueprintmanagerImpl has a class annotation @Logging, which is representing in LoggingAspect.

Thanks for helping
UWE

If the org.aspectj.runtime bundle was missing then it's more likely you would be getting a NoClassDefFoundError for NoAspectBoundException (which every aspect needs). It's more likely that another dependency is missing. Can you post the actual exception/error you are getting along with a stack trace?

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM United Kingdom Limited
Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)

<Uwe.Neukam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

13/03/2007 09:18
Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

<aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
AW: [aspectj-users] AspectJ will not run in an EclipseRCP        application  [NVG-MSW51-SPAM-Content]

Thank you for the tip, but both of your offers are set.

MANIFEST.MF
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ui,
org.eclipse.core.runtime,
org.aspectj.runtime,