RE: [aspectj-users] Get enclosing method signature of a join point

Hi Ron,

Ok, I think I see where the confusion is. You are
assuming (and this must be the correct way of doing
it) that I need to access the enclosing method within
my aspect definitions. What I've really been doing is
grabbing weave data by parsing the --showWeaveInfo
messages through a custom MessageHandler. This way, I
have info on all the weaved classes even if they are
never hit.

I am working on a coverage tool, which needs to have a
comprehensive view of each class' methods; it needs to
know beforehand how many matching joinpoints to
pointcuts there are. At runtime, I keep track of
surrounding info about each joinpoint and update the
coverage numbers, based on whether or not they have
been executed. I'm currently able to give class-level
information, but thought it would be helpful to give
method-level coverage information also.

Does this make it clearer? Please let me know if it
doesn't make sense or if I'm completely missing an
easier approach to this.

Your previous answer was helpful to me because I
needed to know how to get enclosing method info on the
runtime side also.

Thanks very much.