RE: [aspectj-users] annotation support

Thanks,

From: rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [aspectj-users] annotation support
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:17:49 -0700

Hi Jack,

Yes this support was implemented in AspectJ 1.5.0 and enhanced in subsequent releases. If you go to eclipse.org/aspectj you can go to the download page and get the installer for AspectJ 1.5.3, which has support for annotation style aspects. You can also download the AJDT plugin for Eclipse from eclipse.org/ajdt. So in short you can use the standard AspectJ distribution with Java 1.5 to do annotation-based development. Naturally, you will need to set the Java source level to 1.5 to use annotations (e.g., with -1.5 or AJDT preferences). It is apparently possible to use the backport175 project to work with annotations on a Java 1.4 or earlier VM but I don’t know of anyone who’s doing that.