[aspectj-users] Exposing J2SE classes

Hello there,

I am trying to modify the behavior of certain J2SE classes/interfaces. As such, I need to expose the those classes to avoid the "Xlint:typeNotExposedToWeaver" warning. The question is, how does one that? More, are there any consequences in doing it?

I have tried to do it by adding the JRE_LIB to the "AspectJ Build -> Inpath", but I got a nasty internal compiler error in Eclipse:

java.lang.IllegalStateException

at org.aspectj.weaver.ResolvedMemberImpl.parameterizedWith(ResolvedMemberImpl.java:616)

at org.aspectj.weaver.ResolvedMemberImpl.parameterizedWith(ResolvedMemberImpl.java:597)

at org.aspectj.weaver.ReferenceType.getDeclaredMethods(ReferenceType.java:512)

at org.aspectj.weaver.ResolvedType.addAndRecurse(ResolvedType.java:263)

at org.aspectj.weaver.ResolvedType.addAndRecurse(ResolvedType.java:302)

at org.a ... nternal.AspectJBuildManager$CompilerThread.run(AspectJBuildManager.java:191)

IllegalStateException thrown: Wrong number of type parameters supplied

I don't know if this an actual bug from AJDT (Eclipse says so...) or the procedure is just wrong. Any suggestions?
(I am using Java 1.5.0, Eclipse 3.2.1, and AJDT 1.4.1)

Thanks in advance for your help,

--
Sérgio Agostinho
Research Assistant

CITI - Centre for Informatics and Information Technologies
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
Monte da Caparica
2829-516 Caparica
Portugal