Re: [aspectj-users] Headless installation of AspectJ on a linux box?

java -jar aspectj-1.5.3.jar -to /tmp/somedir

On 26/02/07, Ludger Solbach <lsolbach@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello again,

> I want to install AspectJ on a linux server on which I have just a shell access. Are there any command line arguments to bypass the GUI installer? Just starting the aspectj jar gives the following exception:
>
> > java -jar ../../download/aspectj-1.5.3.jar
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

I tried starting the installer with -Djava.awt.headless=true and I got the following exception:
internal error: java.awt.HeadlessException
java.awt.HeadlessException
        at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:121)

Maybe currently there is no non GUI installation? At least I haven't found any reference in the documentation and the FAQ.
How about some command line args to give the installer the information the GUI requests (installation path, JVM path)?

Bye

Ludger Solbach