From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Bodden
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:39 PM
To: aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx; discuss@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] Catalog of useful aspects & Catalog of
Programsusing AOP technologies

Dear users of AOP technologies,

I would like to draw your attention to two pages on the AOSD wiki
which I would really like to see rather filled in the near future:

Catalog of useful aspects
http://www.aosd.net/wiki/index.php?title=Catalog_of_Useful_Aspects

Catalog of Programs using AOP technologies
http://www.aosd.net/wiki/index.php?title=Catalog_of_Programs_using_AOP_techn
ologies

The former page is meant to list aspects which you as a user find
could be useful for other people, too, either useful in the sense that
people can learn AOP patterns and idioms by looking at the code or
probably even in the sense that the aspects themselves are truly
reusable themselves. I listed a few examples I am aware of in the
context of AspectJ. Please, if you are aware of any further aspects,
in whatever AOP technology, post them there.

The latter page is meant to like to actual *programs* that use AOP
technology. For researchers in the field of AOSD like us it is crucial
that we see how those technologies are actually being used. Hence, the
more example applications we can get, the better. I have listed a few
smaller example programs that I found on the web, plus one commercial
tool, I know of (Glassbox inspector). I am sure there must be more of
such programs, so again if you are aware of any, please list them
there. This does not have to be restricted to AspectJ.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

--
Eric Bodden