[aspectj-users] Applying aspect in Facade EJB

Hi everyone, I'm new to aspects and I'm trying to apply this exciting technology in our project.

I have a Facade EJB that contains several methods like these:

public List<XXXX> findXXXX(SearchCriteria searchCriteria, SortCriteria sortCriteria) throws BusinessException, RuleValidationException {
        LocalSearchBO localSearchBORef = null;
        try {
            localSearchBORef = createLocalSearchBORef(); // obtains a local EJB reference
            return localSearchBORef.findKeyXXXX(searchCriteria, sortCriteria);
        } finally {
            removeEJB(localSearchBORef);
        }
}

I want to write an aspect to eliminate the need of writing of removeEJB (and the try-finally sentences) on every method.
Is it possible to do that with an aspect?

One possibility is to define localSearchBORef in the class having synchronized access to that field. But I think there's a better solution.

Any help would be appreciated, regards,
Rafael.

Back to the top