From: Kyle Lomeli <kyllerss_009@xxxxxxxxx>
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:08:34 PM
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Load-time veaving not seeing aspect

After a bit more prodding around, I realized that I had forgotten to include the aspect definition: <aspect name=.../> entry. Now that I have defined the aspect within the aop.xml file, I am getting the following error:

[AppClassLoader@18e3e60] info AspectJ Weaver Version 1.5.3 built on Wednesday Nov 22, 2006 at 11:18:15 GMT [AppClassLoader@18e3e60] info register classloader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@18e3e60 [AppClassLoader@18e3e60] info using configuration <my home path>/AspectJ%20Bug/src/META-INF/aop.xml [AppClassLoader@18e3e60] info register aspect test.aop.MethodAnnotationAspect
Jan 30, 2007 11:05:37 PM org.aspectj.weaver.tools.Jdk14Trace error
SEVERE: register definition failed
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot register non aspect: test$aop$MethodAnnotationAspect , test.aop.MethodAnnotationAspect at org.aspectj.weaver.bcel.BcelWeaver.addLibraryAspect(BcelWeaver.java:205) at org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.ClassLoaderWeavingAdaptor.registerAspects(ClassLoaderWeavingAdaptor.java:399) at org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.ClassLoaderWeavingAdaptor.registerDefinitions(ClassLoaderWeavingAdaptor.java:240) at org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.ClassLoaderWeavingAdaptor.initialize(ClassLoaderWeavingAdaptor.java:152) at org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.Aj$ExplicitlyInitializedClassLoaderWeavingAdaptor.initialize(Aj.java:151) at org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.Aj$ExplicitlyInitializedClassLoaderWeavingAdaptor.getWeavingAdaptor(Aj.java:156) at org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.Aj$WeaverContainer.getWeaver(Aj.java:122)
    at org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.Aj.preProcess(Aj.java:73)
at org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.ClassPreProcessorAgentAdapter.transform(ClassPreProcessorAgentAdapter.java:55)

I have checked that the .aj file is in the classpath. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!