Re: [aspectj-users] Pointcut advice within advice of another pointcut

On 1/30/07, Sarthak Grover <sarthak.grover@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ideally I want to call the advice for pointcutB whenever pointcutA is captured.

It seems to me that they should be the same pointcut then, no?

Well, you can't call an advice - you can only specify the conditions that trigger its execution. And if both of your advices should run at the same point, they'd have the same pointcut. Your problem, then, would be specifying which one goes first.

Or maybe, you could turn methodB() into a method inside the aspect. Then you could call it from within the advice for pointcutA.

is this helpful?

[]'s
Davi

Back to the top