[aspectj-users] iajc compile problem

Hi Aspect Users,

Have trawled the archive but can't find anything mentioned about this, so making my first contribution. Here goes:

I'm working on a medimum size project and up till now have been using Eclipse to develop in. Have now decided to down grade to a more light way dev environment (simple don't need all that extra bagage), but am having trouble getting my aspect to compile. For each one i recieve an exception like:

-- (ClassCastException) org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.compiler.lookup.EclipseTypeMunger
    [iajc] org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.compiler.lookup.EclipseTypeMunger
[iajc] java.lang.ClassCastException: org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.compiler.lookup.EclipseTypeMunger [iajc] at org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.SignaturePattern.matchesAnnotations(SignaturePattern.java:477) [iajc] at org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.SignaturePattern.matchesExactly(SignaturePattern.java:332) [iajc] at org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.SignaturePattern.matches(SignaturePattern.java:289) [iajc] at org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.KindedPointcut.matchInternal(KindedPointcut.java:106) [iajc] at org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.Pointcut.match(Pointcut.java:146) [iajc] at org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.AndPointcut.matchInternal(AndPointcut.java:54) [iajc] at org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.Pointcut.match(Pointcut.java:146) [iajc] at org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.AndPointcut.matchInternal(AndPointcut.java:52) [iajc] at org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.Pointcut.match(Pointcut.java:146)

I've removed all the 'Eclipeness' i can find, but there still seems to be something trying to use ajdt. My compiling ant snippet is:

<target name="compile">
<iajc sourceRoots="${srcLocat}" destdir="${binLocat}" source="1.5" failonerror="false" classpathref="classpathDef"/>
</target>

I've attached the full dump for clarity. I'm sure this is 'jsut one of those things' and if anybody could point me in the right direction for finding it i'd really appreaciate it!

Thank you for any assistance/pointers or any thing else you have to offer.

Tom

Back to the top