Re: [aspectj-users] Feature suggestions for AJDT

Hi Sérgio,
Interesting suggestions... see my comments below.

On 19/12/06, Sérgio Bryton <sergiobryton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1. For debug purposes, I think it would be nice to be able to select the
advices that we do not want to be executed.

I haven't heard that idea before. You can currently exclude entire
aspects (right-click, Build Path > Exclude, just like with classes)
but there is no specific mechanism for excluding individual advice
statements. I guess you could comment out the advice - selecting it,
then pressing Control-/ is fairly quick.

2. When we select an advice we can see the joinpoints advised by it. It
would also be nice to see the joinpoints captured by a selected pointcut.

It was originally thought that it might be too confusing to try to
show both, at least in the same way. There has been some work done on
a possible "pointcut matcher" tool. Currently you can just create an
empty advice block for a pointcut, and then see the matches in the
usual way. So I think such a tool would need to offer some additional
benefit, such as somehow making it easier to write pointcuts for
example...

--Matt

Back to the top