Re: [aspectj-users] defining pointcuts in a configuration file ....

Hi Matthew,

  Yes ... I change it ...
  Let me try to be a little bit more clear ...

  Let's say that I want to trace App1 and pointcut of interest is:

  pointcut logObjectCalls() :  execution(* App1.method1(..))
                               && execution(* App1.method2(..));

  So, I run:
  [ffs@aston ~]$ java -jar TraceApp App1

  So far so good ... But now, I want to trace App2 and pointcut of
interest is: (note that it has changed...)

  pointcut logObjectCalls() :  execution(* App2.met*(..))
                               && execution(* App2.foo*(Object));

  So I run:
  [ffs@aston ~]$ java -jar TraceApp App2

  Currently, I have to change logObjectCall poincut and recompile
TraceApp. What I really would like to do is get the poincuts from a
file, so that I would not need recompile it ... Is there any way?

Thank you,
Fabio

Matthew Webster wrote:

> Fabio,
>
> What is it that you are changing from one run of you application to the
> next? LTW allows you to run an application with one (possibly empty) set
> of aspects and then run again with a different set, without having to
> rebuild the application, simply by changing the aop.xml.  Do you also
> what to change the implementation of the aspect(s) between runs?
>
> Matthew Webster
> AOSD Project
> Java Technology Centre, MP146
> IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
> Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
> Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
> http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/
>

> *Fabio Fagundes Silveira <ffs@xxxxxx>*
> Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 19/12/2006 10:46
> Please respond to
> aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

> 	aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
> 	[aspectj-users] defining pointcuts in a configuration file ....
>

> Hello,
>
>   Is there any way to define a set of pointcuts in a external
> configuration file?  I meant, use something like:
>
> pointcut logObjectCalls() :  execution(***from config file****);
>

> This way (using LTW), it would *not* be necessary recompile an tracer
> application, for instance, every time I change the target application ...
>
> Currently, I am using my trace application this way:
>
> [ffs@aston ~]$ java -jar TraceApp AppToBeTraced
>

> TIA,
> Fabio

Back to the top