Re: [aspectj-users] defining pointcuts in a configuration file ....

Fabio,

What is it that you are changing from one run of you application to the next? LTW allows you to run an application with one (possibly empty) set of aspects and then run again with a different set, without having to rebuild the application, simply by changing the aop.xml.  Do you also what to change the implementation of the aspect(s) between runs?

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Fabio Fagundes Silveira <ffs@xxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

19/12/2006 10:46

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] defining pointcuts in a configuration file ....

Hello,

  Is there any way to define a set of pointcuts in a external
configuration file?  I meant, use something like:

pointcut logObjectCalls() :  execution(***from config file****);

This way (using LTW), it would *not* be necessary recompile an tracer
application, for instance, every time I change the target application ...

Currently, I am using my trace application this way:

[ffs@aston ~]$ java -jar TraceApp AppToBeTraced

TIA,
Fabio