Re: [aspectj-users] Aspects Equinox Incubator 1.0.1 Released

Ramnivas,

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually, I've been thinking of removing that "limited AJ support" message - not because it's not limited, but because the message gets in the way and isn't helpful. We have looked into code completion quite a bit over the last 18 months, but no improvements have gone in because they require better parser recovery in the AspectJ parser, which in turn probably requires a compiler upgrade. The main code completion omission I'm aware of is for pointcuts - anything else?

AOSGi could definitely help with editor associations. We have an open request with the platform for this (bug 143895), but there hasn't been much activity on it.

Refactoring is a complex topic, but there is good support in eclipse for participating and implementing refactorings.

--Matt