Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ errors in plugin projects.

Irum,

Are you using Eclipse, if so which version? In Eclipse 3.0 and later plug-ins are OSGi bundles so it is the manifest that is used to determine and resolve dependences. In your cases any packages that contain classes that are needed outside of the project B will have to be exported while the manifest for project A must state that it requires B. What functionality does project A require from B, is it just classes or aspects as well? I am not sure if this is an AspectJ problem or an OSGi meta-data issue.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Irum Godil <irum@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/12/2006 22:08

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] AspectJ errors in plugin projects.

Hi,

I have an AspectJ plugin project (A) that is using functionality from
another plugin project (B). I have added B's source folder under A's
Aspectpath and inpath.  I have also added a plugin dependency on B in A's
plugin.xml file.

When I run the plugin A, I get the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: B.ClassC

The "ClassC" is declared inside of plugin B. If I add a B.jar on the A's
classpath the error disappears. The problem is that I can only add a .jar
file on A's classpath that is copied in project A. As a result, I end up
with two versions of ClassC.

The project B refers to a different ClassC than the plugin A. Since I am
relying on some static data in ClassC, I am not sure how to maintain one
version of ClassC and link it to my AspectJ project and run it.

I will appreciate your response on this.
Thank you.

Irum Godil
WebSphere Integration Developer - ESB Tools
IBM Software Group
irum@xxxxxxxxxx
T/L 969-3634; External +1 (905) 413-3634