Re: [aspectj-users] Tracing a method call

On 12/3/06, Mohan Radhakrishnan <radhakrishnan.mohan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
     Can we trace a method call through the codebase using pointcuts like
this

  pointcut callStaticMethod ():
         call (* com.test.MyObject.callStaticMethod(..));

  before(): callStaticMethod() {
   System.out.println( thisJoinPointStaticPart.
                   getSourceLocation().getWithinType() );
   System.out.println( thisJoinPointStaticPart.
                   getSignature().getDeclaringTypeName() );
  }

Assume that there is a call line like this. method1 -> method2 -> method3
etc. We don't have annotations declared on these
methods.

If each method calls only one other method then we can trace the call line ?
Is this possible ?

I am not sure I understand what you intend to do: to track method3
invocation only when this happens in the flow of method2 called from
method1? If so, then look for the cflow/cflowbelow pointcuts.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Thanks,