[aspectj-users] Modifying constructors

Hello,

I am fairly new to AspectJ and am stuck at a point and would really appreciate your help.

I am trying a simple program in which I have a constructor method to create a "Car" object.

Example of the constructor:

public Car(String Type, int ModelYear)
{
my_Type = Type;
my_ModelYear = ModelYear;
}

What I am trying to do is that anytime this constructor is called, I would like to create a Car object but with different attributes instead of the original constructor:

public Car(String Type, String Color, int ModelYear)
{
my_Type = Type;
my_Color = Color;
my_ModelYear = ModelYear;
}

For this I createad the following pointcut and advice:

pointcut CarConstructor()
 : execution(Car.new(..));

around(): CarConstructor()
{
  Car(String Type, String Color, int ModelYear);
}

String my_Type, my_Color;
int my_ModelYear;

public void Car(String Type, String Color, int Model)
{
     my_Type = Type;
     my_Color = Color;
     my_ModelYear = ModelYear;
}

Should I be capturing the arguements from the original constructor and send them to the new constructor along with the exta parameter "Color" or can this be achieved with a simpler approach?

Thanks!

Sarthak

Back to the top