From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lawrence Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:33 AM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] Class file too big after aspect weaving

Hi,

I have a pointcut that captures all calls in my application and in the
advice, those method names and parameter names are logged to a file.

When the above aspect is weaved into my application, the class file sizes
have increased 10 times in some cases. I am not sure how such a bloated ear
files affects the application server. I am afraid that I might get
OutOfMemoryError and haven't tried it on our server yet.

I am not worried about the performance issues. It is ok if the application
runs slow as long as I don't get OutOfMemoryError. Just wondering if anyone
on this list has tried anything like this and if so, I would like to know
their experiences.

Larry.