Re: [aspectj-users] Class file too big after aspect weaving

Last, but not least, I am not sure about the usefulness of such an
aspect in production code :-).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

On 10/31/06, doug.gschwind@xxxxxxxxxxx <doug.gschwind@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Larry,

Even if you do end up experiencing OutOfMemoryErrors in your application
(due to large byte code sizes), you can tune (e.g. increase) the size of the
heap's permanent generation to solve that problem. Class byte code will be
placed into the heap's permanent generation area, and that can be tuned via
JVM args at startup. Please consult the JVM arguments supported for the java
implementation you are using for the exact command line arguments available
and how they effect the runtime environment.

Hope that helps.

Doug
From: "Lawrence Lee" <larryleecomb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,
>
> I have a pointcut that captures all calls in my application and in the
> advice, those method names and parameter names are logged to a file.
>
> When the above aspect is weaved into my application, the class file sizes
> have increased 10 times in some cases. I am not sure how such a bloated
ear
> files affects the application server. I am afraid that I might get
> OutOfMemoryError and haven't tried it on our server yet.
>
> I am not worried about the performance issues. It is ok if the application
> runs slow as long as I don't get OutOfMemoryError. Just wondering if
anyone
> on this list has tried anything like this and if so, I would like to know
> their experiences.
& gt; > Larry.