Fwd: RE: [aspectj-users] must be obvious

appears that implementing the settings defined in the link below does eventually work (that or I have subsequently done something else to get this working.
Thanks
Conrad

>>> Conrad CRAMPTON PSE 52704 27/10/06 14:26:54 >>>
ahh, had a look at this and tried what is suggested in this http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Introducing-AJDT/article.html article but not luck. I am obviously missing something but don't know what.
I will keep plugging away but anyone who has done this with ADJT offer any pointers ???
Ta
Conrad

>>> akira_in_tokyo@xxxxxxxxxxx 27/10/06 13:41:15 >>>
Yes, it does. It seems that your aspects are simply not weavering your
classes in your new project structure. If you are using maven to compile
the whole project, it must be something related to this compilation. When
you use Eclipse to compile your classes AJDT takes care of applying aspect
weavering automatically. Reviewing your compilation process might help.

>From: "Conrad CRAMPTON PSE 52704" <conrad.crampton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [aspectj-users] must be obvious
>Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:29:45 +0100
>
>thanks for the response, but the shared classes don't necessarily have the
aspects on them when used by other projects so I don't want to impose that
on other uses of the shared classes. The core functionality of the shared
classes is the only thing that should be available. The actual aspects (in
original project) are advising sub classes of the shared classes.

>e.g.
>
>Orignal Project 1
>class A
>class B extends A
>
>aspect --
>pointcut login(HttpServletRequest request, ActionForm form):
>   execution(ActionForward *.process(ActionMapping, ActionForm,
HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse)) // actually refers to class A
>   && target(B)
>   && args(*, form, request, *);
>
>I have moved the common class A to a jar file (along with other common
classes) with pointcut remaining the same.