RE: [aspectj-users] must be obvious

thanks for the response, but the shared classes don't necessarily have the aspects on them when used by other projects so I don't want to impose that on other uses of the shared classes. The core functionality of the shared classes is the only thing that should be available. The actual aspects (in original project) are advising sub classes of the shared classes.

e.g.

Orignal Project 1
class A
class B extends A

aspect --
pointcut login(HttpServletRequest request, ActionForm form):
  execution(ActionForward *.process(ActionMapping, ActionForm, HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse)) // actually refers to class A
  && target(B)
  && args(*, form, request, *);

I have moved the common class A to a jar file (along with other common classes) with pointcut remaining the same.

Does this help with diagnosis??
Thanks
Conrad

>>> akira_in_tokyo@xxxxxxxxxxx 27/10/06 13:21:33 >>>

I guess what is happening is that you are exporting your classes to another
project but you are not exporting the aspects with them. I assume you are
creating a new AspectJ project since you did not report any error in your
new Eclipse project. So I guess just copying aspects will do the job.

A possible reason for this to happen is the following difference:

Scenario 1 ) Original project: Struts classes use classes altered by
aspects.
Scenario 2 ) New project structure: Struts classes use non-altered classes.