Re: [aspectj-users] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space when weaving.

Hi Dan

FYI: I experience the same under Eclipse, but haven't had time to look into it.

/Jeppe

Abramovich, Dan wrote:
Hi,
I'm pretty convinced there's a memory leak w/ the weaver. I have an ant build script that just weaves a jar and then deletes the output jar in a loop. After some number of iterations (31) I get an OutOfMemory error because I'm out of perm space. It seems that some classes are being loaded to weave the jar are not being released each time. The aspect that I'm weaving is just a simple tracer aspect that should with a join point doesn't even match the classes in the jar (log4.jar in this case since it's readily available).

I'm using JDK 1.5 and I just downloaded the last night's (10-11) build to make sure this wasn't fixed post AJ 1.5.2.

I'd like to file a bug/post the test case - is there an open issue for this already? Looking through the bugzilla it's hard to tell if something covers this. If I don't get further instruction I'll post a new issue.

Thanks,
-Dan