Re: [aspectj-users] Mixing post-compile and load-time weaving

Matthew Webster wrote On 10/11/06 01:51,:

Mick,

WRT combining compile- or post compile-time weaving and LTW there is some information in the Development Environment Guide: http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/devguide/ltw.html. I presume you only want to use LTW for the classes you are generating and defining with your custom class loader. Are you planning to use the Java 5 LTW agent via "-javaagent" or invoke the Aj interface directly from you class loader?
I've read all that I can find and the documentation wasn't clear or detailed enough IMHO. What I want is to avoid the run-time overhead of aspectifying the classes that I can aspectify at compile time (there are several thousand) and just aspectify the dynamically generated ones. The end result is that everything is aspectified, however.

Yesterday I determined that if I set the classpath to the unaspectified classes and set -javaagent to the JavaVM, everything does get aspectified by the load time weaver, including the dymically generated ones. So that workd but perhaps has a slower startup than necessary. This morning I will try putting the aspectified classes on the class path and see if there is a significant difference.

Mick

Back to the top