[aspectj-users] Mixing post-compile and load-time weaving

I have a large application to which I am applying aspects using post-compile weaving. The application generates some new classes at run-time and loads them with its own class loader directly from a bytcode array. I would also like to apply the same aspects to these classes. I'm not entirely sure how to do this. I have used the -outxml file to generate an aop.xml file but it seems very basic, e.g.,

<aspectj>
<aspects>
<aspect name="MyAspect"/>
</aspects>
</aspectj>

The documentation on load-time weaving isn't clear on what happens if you mix post-compile weaved classes and load-time weaving. My hope would be that the load-time weaver could avoid reweaving the already woven classes but the flexibility that appears to available in aop.xml suggests that this might be difficult. Ideally I would like the aop.xml file to restrict load-time weaving to just the new classes that are generated at runtime. Assuming that I can identify them with a package/classname pattern perhaps the <weaver> tag can be used to achieve this? I'd appreciate any clarification on my understanding of this.

Thanks
Mick Jordan

Back to the top