Re: [aspectj-users] To LTW or not to LTW? :-)

I am interested in the cost of LTW also. We are also considering using @Configurable of Spring 2.0. I suppose LTW only impacts startup-time of the JVM? Any figures on that somewhere?

regards,

Wim

2006/10/9, nlif <naaman@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Thanks Wes.

We are not going to write aspects in the forseen future. We only use
pre-defined Spring Framework services, namely the auto-wiring of domain
objects upon instantiation (aspectJ provides the means to intercept the Java
<new> operation. So I guess we're not aspectJ developers per se. So, from
this perspective, we probably don't need the AJDT. Not that it would hurt us
either...

You mentioned time/space costs of LTW. Could you please elaborate on these?
Indeed we ran into OutOfMemory problems at first, which were solved by
increasing the JVM's maxPermSize.

Thanks again,
Naaman