RE: [aspectj-users] RE: Which version oof AJDT should i install forwsad5.1/Jdk1.4

Well I have one more question on this.

The situation is like this, we have currently a project that is in
production. The project was developed on struts framework. We are trying to
Refactor some of the concerns and for this we are considering aspectj.

But as I understand the ajdt 1.1.4 for wsad5.1 is pretty old and might not
include some of the latest features. Since my mgmt is not likley to move to
WSAD6 in the near future, I would appreciate any help/suggestions on what
approach to take to convert the existing struts application to use AspectJ.

  1. Should I go ahead and develop using the compliers provided and not the
plugins?
  2. Should I create the new AOP code as a different project and later
somehow( I don't know how) weave it into the current project? ( I would
defintley   love not to modify anything int the existing project). I saw  a
link to a discussion on this at
http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=63080, what do you guys
think about this from your experience?

Thanks a lot!!