Re: [aspectj-users] To LTW or not to LTW? :-)

New people typically learn the AspectJ language using AJDT at compile time,
because it provides such great support for understanding the crosscutting
structure.  You get some IDE feedback rather than having to test the program.
That's also how experts work through aspect design issues, more interactively.

LTW is a great way to deliver binary aspects.  Just give the aspect jar files
to your users and tell the users how to set up LTW.  It's essential if they
don't want to change their build environment, so long as you don't mind
absorbing the time/space costs of weaving at runtime.

There are many other considerations, but those are the dominant ones.

hth - Wes