Re: [aspectj-users] weaving into Eclipse classes

Each plugin has its own classloader.  According the the aspectj
developer guide, load time weaving is done in the context of a class
loader.  A class loader can only weave classes that it defines, not
classes loaded by other class loaders.  So I believe that is why an
aspect in your plugin is not woven into any of the eclipse plugins.
AJEER defines specialized classloaders that somehow address this.

Hope that helps,
Arjun

On 10/6/06, Davi Pires <inhodpr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not really, actually.

In the second thread, Mahler says:
> I now know that one cannot apply aspects within Eclipse code
> without using something like AJEER (or AOSGI when it becomes available).

And that's precisely what I don't know.

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aspectj-users/msg06409.html

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aspectj-users/msg06414.html