[aspectj-users] declare parents syntax

Hi,

I wonder why "declare parents" introduction syntax does not allow to use within(*) pointcut expression?

This limitation lead to significant amount of duplication in the aspect code and/or makes xml-based aspect definitions more verbose. The only workaround I know is to "bridge" trough annotation introduction, but that approach does not work on 1.4 and looks like a hack.

I thought I saw that it was possible to use within pointcuts for this in some old version of AspectJ but it was removed. I might be mistaken though...

 Thanks

 Eugene

Back to the top