Re: [aspectj-users] Excluding synthetic compiler methods

I'll see what I can put together when I get back from my next business trip.

On 9/1/06, Wes <wes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> I've found that AspectJ is inlcuding synthetic methods generated by the Java compiler.

That's a bug, but one which should have surfaced long ago, so I'm wondering about your setup.

Java programmers don't see synthetic methods, so there should be no method-execution or method-call join point for them.

Likewise, "synthetic" isn't permitted as a modifier for method signatures because it's not used by programmers.

Would you please submit a bug report?  That should include a test case so we can reproduce this.

Thanks -
Wes