[aspectj-users] Re: aspectj-users Digest, Vol 19, Issue 38

On Sep 18, 2006, at 4:29 AM, aspectj-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I want to build a system in which certain Java objects are backed by a
database.  I'd like to make it so that database references are an
transparent as possible, so that objects exist in memory as stubs until
such time as their fields are required, at which point they are loaded
from the database. Later they may be garbage collected, written back into
the database and removed from memory.

What you are describing sounds very much like Java Data Objects (JDO).... there are open-source implementations of this standard available.

Back to the top