[aspectj-users] Glassbox troubleshooter 2.0 Beta Released

Hi All,

We're pleased to announce the Beta release of the open source Glassbox 2.0
automated troubleshooter, available at http://www.glassbox.com. Glassbox
uses AspectJ load-time weaving to non-invasively monitor and report on
application performance problems and it features an automated installer that
makes it easy to enable load-time weaving on many popular application
servers: deploy glassbox.war to an application server and we walk through an
automated installation. Glassbox makes significant use of AspectJ
internally, so it's also interesting as an example of larger-scale use of
aspects.

Glassbox automatically troubleshoots and identifies many common problems,
providing a concise analysis of what's wrong and focusing on pinpointing
real-world problems like excessive queries, thread-contention, or what
request parameters caused failures. It is also designed to be easy to extend
using AspectJ load-time weaving's plug-in architecture, so you can write
additional monitoring aspects in code or as concrete aspects written in XML.

Glassbox now includes an AJAX Web Client, improved analysis and clustered
support as well as improved monitoring and analysis to more easily pinpoint
problems. Glassbox monitors selectively to allow low overhead data capture,
and we are benefiting from recent AspectJ optimizations to significantly
reduce memory and startup time overhead. Glassbox is all open source with
our CVS repository now hosted at SourceForge at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/glassbox

We'd love your feedback on our approach to analyzing application problems,
and would welcome contributions, especially from those who know AspectJ!

Thanks,
Ron

Back to the top