[aspectj-users] what for args pointcut designator?

What is the most important reason for having args pointcut designator in aspectj language? I would prefer exposing args in signature like this

aPointcut(int i): execution( * *.method( int i ) );

The one thing that comes to my mind is

execution( * *.meth( Object) ) && args( String )

That is, however, not an everyday use and can be achieved by type checking in the advice body.

The reason I go through it is because I want to implement aspectj like aop. I mean a reasonable subset. I wonder if I could just forget about args.

Luntain

Back to the top